Barista / Customer Service APPLY NOW
Gabi & Jules Handmade Pies and Baked Goodness is currently hiring part-time or full-time baristas / customer service assistants for our Burnaby Heights location at 4568 Hastings Street and/or our Port Moody location located at 2302B Clarke Street. Our mission is to passionately create exceptional pies and baked goodness in a collaborative environment inclusive of individuals of all abilities. We have an unwavering commitment to using quality, real ingredients to craft unique products that have a playful, memorable twist on tradition.
To be our ideal candidate you have a passion and flair for providing great customer service.
- you will love pies (but who doesn't?) and will share our love for serving up delicious baked goodness
- you will ideally have experience working in a café and if you’ve worked on a semi-automatic espresso all the better!
- you have strong communication skills and you're friendly & outgoing
- you can work independently and multi-task well
- you have a strong work ethic and take pride in the work you do
Your responsibilities will include:
- greeting every customer with a smile and offering engaged guest service
- know and love our products and be able to talk to guests about everything we make
- serving pie and pastries as well as coffee & tea
- mastering the espresso machine so that you can confidently pull delicious espresso shots, steam velvety smooth milk & eventually pour some awesome latte art
- maintaining cleanliness of the front of bakery which will mean you can swing a mop & a broom with the best of them
Shifts are all daytime between the hours 8am-5pm. Tuesdays through Sundays. This position ideally evolves into a more flexible role come the spring to include working at the farmers markets.
- have graduated high school (we need people who can work during the week & we close at 4pm so it isn't conducive to high school schedules)
- ideally have a drivers license (specific requirement to work farmers markets)
- you MUST be available to work at least two days a week and on weekends
Gabi & Jules is proud to be an equal opportunity employer! We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Gabi & Jules provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other protected characteristic. Gabi and Jules believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.