Gabi & Jules began as an offshoot of our original business, Caffe Divano which has three locations in Coquitlam, Port Moody & Burnaby. We named our new business after our two daughters, Gabriela and Juliana and initially started baking pies at the Port Moody Divano in 2015 and selling them at the Coquitlam Farmers Market. The pies were a near instant hit so we began to look for opportunities to grow Gabi & Jules beyond Caffe Divano's very small kitchen and found opportunity just down the road. In July 2016 we opened the bakery at 2302B Clarke Street.
From the beginning we were committed to using all natural, real ingredients and changing our menu with the seasons. Over the years we have expanded our repertoire of products to include savoury pot pies, bake-at-home mixes, soups and our latest addition is bread. We continue to innovate and try new things which is why each week we have a Feature Pie Saturday when we can test and try new pies. It keeps things fun for us plus we get to test and try pies almost every week.
Because of our limited space we unfortunately can no longer offer inside cafe seating but we took the opportunity to utilize our parking lot to offer addition seating during the warmer months. As we move into winter we have enhanced our outside area to ensure that you will stay dry while waiting in line. We also continue to update and upgrade our website to improve your online shopping experience. And we have also expanded our delivery service to five days a week. With our new EV Kia Soul we are delivering emission-free throughout most of Metro Vancouver bring Gabi & Jules goodness right to your door!
We have a diverse group working with us here at Gabi & Jules and offer positions ranging from bakers to baristas and many others. Since the pandemic we have had to pivot and change our daily operations a bit here at the bakery but what remains at our core is our mission to create exceptional pies & baked goodness in a collaborative environment that is inclusive of all abilities.
When we are adding individuals to our team we post the positions on our blog - the Latest Slice.
Our COVID Protocols
As we've adapted to all the changes due to COVID our priority continues to be that our team feel safe at work and our guests are welcomed into an environment that has been modified to ensure their safety. Some of the main changes to note:
1. Our team is masked at all times while in the building.
2. There is a maximum of two people allowed in the bakery at one time to ensure physical distancing.
3. We are NOT accepting cash to limit our team's exposure and we sanitize the pinpad after each transaction to ensure your safety.
4. We are offering contactless pick-ups in the parking lot when orders are placed through the website. Simply text us upon arrival and we'll run your order out to you.
5. Physical distancing guidance is utilized in the parking lot and inside the bakery.
6. As always we ask and expect our team members to be treated with kindness & respect. We do not tolerate anyone being mistreated as we work hard to ensure that this is a safe space for all our team members.