Frequently Asked Questions
Got questions? You're on the right page! Sorry if we're a bit blunt with our answers...
We only allow pre-orders through our website (you can't pre-order over the phone, in person, through email, etc.) - because that's how we ensure orders are tracked accurately on our end! There are a few perks to ordering online:
- You ensure you're getting the exact pies & baked goodness you're wanting
- You can select pick-up from either our Port Moody or Burnaby location
- You get to skip the line since you pay ahead of time (that's a huge benefit on busy weekends!)
- Planning ahead helps you stay sane sometimes...
If you're ever having issues with ordering online, you're welcome to call us during our regular business hours or reach out through our 'Contact Us' page :)
The order window is 8 days in advance unless otherwise stated for holidays. Order cut-off is 8:00pm the night before. We highly recommend always pre-ordering pies to ensure you get the variety you want (and definitely order early for holiday pies!).
Absolutely! We have pretty much all our items listed on the website and are available for pre-order.
Yes! All of our frozen items are available on our site for pre-order. Generally these items are always stocked for pick-up in our freezer and at Caffe Divano.
Kinda. We only take day-of orders for pies for pick-up and those pies need to be paid for upon pick-up. If you’re looking to skip the line be sure to order ahead. We do not accept orders over the phone in any other circumstances.
Kinda. The physical gift cards are primarily intended to be used in person rather than on the website. If you have a physical gift card you’d like to use for an online purchase please call us to coordinate that.
Not really. The best thing to do is to use your e-gift card to pre-order your items.
Yes. Please send an inquiry via our 'Contact Us' page and/or call the bakery during our regular business hours.
In order to qualify for delivery, your purchase must be a minimum of $50 & delivery fees are calculated at checkout.
To ensure the health & safety of our delivery team, we still provide contactless deliveries.
We currently offer delivery Tuesday through Saturday. Please see our current delivery schedule below:
- Port Moody, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Anmore, Belcarra, New Westminster & Burnaby
- Delivery available 5 days a week (Tuesday - Saturday), between 10:00am - 2:00pm
Please note that there are a limited number of daily deliveries so we highly recommend that you order early
* We've had to refine our delivery zones for 2023 to better manage our delivery system. If you have any questions around delivery, feel free to reach out through our Contact Us page or give us a call.
At this time there are no exceptions to these delivery dates and times.
No, our deliveries will be made between 10:00 am - 2:00 pm.
- Tuesday – Sunday: 9am-4pm
- Monday: closed
- Tuesday – Friday: 7am-5pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 8am -5pm
- Monday: closed
Yes! We serve coffee & a variety of other drinks at the bakery.
Port Moody location: offers a variety of outdoor seating options.
Burnaby location: has both indoor & outdoor seating available.
All our pies are baked fresh each morning and best enjoyed the same day. If enjoying them the following day, please follow the guidance below for best results.
- To warm or refresh your pie (except chilled pies), we recommend warming at 375F for 10-15 minutes.
- For fruit pies with a pastry top including Strawberry Ginger Peach & Traditional Apple, these pies are best stored on your countertop. Ideally not in the fridge as this will not be the kindest to the pastry.
- Lemon Meringue, Chocolate Peanut Butter and other "chilled" pies should always be kept in the fridge.
- For our custard pies, generally those would be our fruit pies that have a crumb topping including the Blueberry Earl Grey, Salted Caramel Apple and others, we recommend keeping in on your counter if serving later in the day and then in the fridge overnight. Refer to point 1 for refreshing / warming before serving.
Heck no. We don’t generally recommend it as our pies are best enjoyed fresh. However, if you do freeze a fruit pie we’d recommend re-heating directly from frozen by covering the pie in tin foil and baking at 375 for 1-2 hours (check centre of pie for doneness). We do not recommend freezing any of our chilled pies as the whipping cream will crystallize and not be as enjoyable.
Not really. We do not sell anything that is strictly gluten-free as we have flour on premise and therefore all product could have traces of flour. We do offer a few wheat-free options including our Wheat-Free Fudge Brownie and our Mint Matcha Cookie . None of our pies are made in a “wheat-free” version.
Heck no. We are unable to modify or customize pies.
All baking instructions are noted with each product online.
Caffe Divano, our sister cafes located in Coquitlam & Port Moody carry our savoury line (frozen savoury pot pies, pasta sauces, soups and pastas) as well as our retail line (granola, bake-at-home jars, jam and more).
Everything, and we mean everything, we make at Gabi & Jules is made by hand from scratch. We are an unapologetically all-butter bakery meaning that the vast majority of the items we make are made with butter. Our pies are made with an uncompromising all-butter crust that is hand pressed and hand formed. We believe that nothing can replicate the quality achieved by diligently making all aspects of every product we make.
While we strive to achieve perfect consistency there will undoubtedly be variation in our products given they are not made by machines in a factory. For us the fact no two items will be exactly the same is part of the charm of doing things the "old school" way
Obviously there is tremendous benefits to making everything by hand but with that said it does mean that all our products are made by humans thus there is room for human error.
We recognize there may be times when mistakes are made and if you are ever dissatisfied with anything you get from Gabi & Jules we ask that you please bring that product back so we can see what went wrong and then make it up to you!
Yep! You can return it and get $0.50 back. You can also keep it as a handy tool in your kitchen & bake other items in it because they're very durable (fun fact: we bake our focaccia bread in those tins)!
Not at this time.