Shift Lead - Bakery (afternoons / evenings) APPLY NOW
At Gabi & Jules it is our mission is to passionately create exceptional pies and baked goodness in a collaborative environment inclusive of individuals of all abilities. We're currently hiring a BAKERY SHIFT LEAD for afternoon / evening shifts.
To be our ideal candidate you CAN be new to the world of baking but MUST have experience in a leadership role and a PASSION for baking.
- you are a kind, lovely human being
- you will love pies (but who doesn't?) and have a passion for baking and all things delicious.
- you may have experience baking and that would be a great asset but it's not necessary as we're happy to teach and train those new to baking too but we will be looking for those who have strong leadership skills
- you will be detail-oriented, strong multi-tasker, great communicator and enjoys working at a fast-pace
- you are like a sponge. You soak up everything you’re taught and love to be challenged and learn new things
- you play nicely with others (a.k.a. you are a team player)
- you are strong! You won't be lifting weights but close enough as bags of flour don't carry themselves so you'll need to be able to lift at least 20 kg.
- you have a strong work ethic and take pride in the work you do.
- you’ll understand that the bakery business isn’t a Monday-Friday sort of gig so you’ll be able to working weekends, evenings and holidays
Your responsibilities will include:
- executing recipes that require a basic understanding of baking techniques
- working independently & along-side fellow team members learning all aspects of our bakery operation from pies to cookies to scones
- you'll need to be able to effectively manage your time and are a hard-worker (there's no time for leaning! We've got pies to bake!)
- in addition to baking, working in a bakery involves doing dishes as well as cleaning, sweeping & mopping
- the shift leader is also responsible for leading the team, executing the daily prep list, ensuring all daily tasks are completed effectively & efficiently
- you will report to the Bakery Overall Operation Manager and need to be an excellent communicator
This is a full-time position though the shifts may fluctuate throughout the year due to the seasonality of this business.
Compensation will be based on experience and includes tips and medical & dental benefits.|||Port Moody|||Gabi & Jules BOH Bakery Team||||||iUu3yT59IbquuWHJ|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false