Want to bake at Gabi & Jules? We're now hiring bakers to join our awesome team!
At Gabi & Jules it is our mission is to passionately create exceptional pies and baked goodness in a collaborative environment inclusive of individuals of all abilities. We're getting ready for a busy fall and are currently hiring BAKERS
To be our ideal candidate you CAN be new to the world of baking but MUST passionate about learning and growing in this entry-level position.
- you will love pies (but who doesn't?) and have a passion for baking and all things delicious.
- you may have experience baking and that would be a great asset but it's not necessary as we're happy to teach and train those new to baking too!
- you are like a sponge. You soak up everything you’re taught and love to be challenged and learn new things
- you play nicely with others (a.k.a. you are a team player)
- you are strong! You won't be lifting weights but close enough as bags of flour don't carry themselves so you'll need to be able to lift at least 20 kg.
- you're not overly sensitive and are responsive to constructive feedback
- you have a strong work ethic and take pride in the work you do.
- you’ll understand that the bakery business isn’t a Monday-Friday sort of gig so you’ll be open to working weekends, early mornings and evenings
Your responsibilities will include:
- executing recipes that require a basic understanding of baking techniques
- working independently & along-side fellow team members learning all aspects of our bakery operation from pies to cookies to scones
- you'll need to be able to effectively manage your time and are a hard-worker (there's no time for leaning! We've got pies to bake!)
- in addition to baking, working in a bakery involves doing dishes as well as cleaning, sweeping & mopping
Full and part-time baker positions are available. Compensation will be based on experience and includes medical & dental benefits. To apply, please send resume & cover letter to email@example.com.
Leave a comment